Simply amazing, when you count up all the ways she was embedded into the pop culture:
- She was Harrison Ford's girlfriend in American Graffitti
- She was the sister on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
- She played Hotzi Totzi on Welcome Back, Kotter
- She was Mrs. Fackler in Police Academy
- She was a panelist on The Match Game
And unfortunately, she was involved in a sad non-make-believe event in our culture as well: Her fiance was a Port Authority policeman who was killed on 9/11.
But the story doesn't stop there. In 2005 she moved to Florida to take care of an ailing sister. There she collapsed and went into a coma. She woke up in the hospital fully alert a couple days later, and was discharged and sent home. A few days after that she went to take a nap and never woke up. She was 52.
And here's the kicker: She got her start in the 1971 Clint Eastwood movie Dirty Harry. She played the corpse. Like I said, simply amazing.